Saturday, March 1, 2008

Worst Flu Season

If you thought by getting the Flu shot you would be safe this winter, you were wrong. It has been all over the news, and online and everyone wants to know why the vaccination did not work. On the CNN website I found information about the Flu shot. “The flu shot is a good match for only about 40 percent of this year's flu viruses, officials at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday”. On the news the other night I was flipping through the channels and I stopped to hear this representative speak. He said that the Flu hits hard. You wake up and go to work, or do what you have to do, and by 4 o'clock that afternoon you cannot even lift your head off the pillow. This is exactly what happened to me. I went to work on Sunday Febuary 19,2008 and by 3 o'clock I had to leave early. My fever went from 101.8 to 103.7 in an hour and there was no stopping it. The flu had wiped me out, and I could not even move for a week. Some symptoms of the Flu are fever, chills, dry cough, muscle aches, and extreme fatigue. Too bad the flu shot could not help the ones stuck in bed (like myself) suffering for a week. When I was finally able to get in to see a doctor I was prescribed Tamiflu, which miraculously stopped the fever within two days and by the fourth day of being on it I felt about 95% better.

No comments: