Saturday, March 1, 2008

Grammys !

As I sat down to watch the Grammys I realized that all award shows like this are always a “big deal” because everyone wants to know who the best is. Hosted by Tom Hanks, the Grammys began and it's audience both in person and watching on television anticipated the performances and results. This year I felt was different. I know that the Grammys always provides recognition but this year I felt it was more than that. The Grammys opening performance was Alicia Keys singing with a screen in which Frank Sinatra was being projected off of. They sung the song together, using Sinatra’s old school style with Keys’ new style. I feel that you need to know where you were before you know where you can go. During the middle of the program they provided more recognition to artists “back in the day” and the audience of course enjoyed this. Music is a big part of many people’s lives, and everyone who is trying to make a difference should be recognized. Alicia Keys’s performance with figment Frank Sinatra is a perfect example of using the past to benefit in the future.

No comments: