Thursday, May 1, 2008

Confessions of a Cardstore Clerk

No one really uses the term “clerk” anymore but it just seemed to fit into this rant of working. I am sick of writing about celebrities lives, my life is complicated and action filled enough that I should have at least seven hundred blogs. I have read blogs in the past about people ranting about things that bother them… my job happens to bother me. I work in a card store, for those of you who know me you know what store this is. I am sick and tired of the stupidity that strikes the world today. When approaching the counter if they are not paying cash, we say “press debit or credit and then swipe”… still after saying that people swipe their card and wonder why it did not go through, I try to tell them to PRESS debit or credit first and then swipe. They then fight with me and say but then it will go through twice and I have to explain to them that because they did not press debit or credit nothing went through. I have been working there for two years and I could estimate that this problem occurs ten to twenty times a day. Another thing.. it may seem obvious to you but if you walk into a CARD store and ask if they sell CARDS you need to get your head examined. I feel that since the store I work in only has four aisles and they are all filled with cards this is a stupid question. There is the ever so favorite “Do you sell socks here?”, it takes all the patience in the world not to SCREAM !! I feel like saying NO YOU IDIOT THIS IS A CARD STORE, TRY MACYS! It has been a long day at work, maybe because mother’s day is approaching. I am sure more confessions will be posted within the upcoming weekend… until then.. there is just another piece of the puzzle!

No comments: